The scenic Yarra Valley is located just 45km from Melbourne’s CBD and is one of Victoria’s leading travel destinations. A lot of this may be due to the regions long association with wine, but at Melbourne Brewery Tours we think it’s time for the Yarra Valley to also become one of Victoria’s leading beer destinations. The same dedication to high-quality craftsmanship that has made the Yarra Valley a world famous wine region also extends to the area’s beer and cider producers. Our job is to get you into the best and most exciting venues so you can relax and enjoy their beer!
Example Tour Itinerary
10am Pick-up at St. Pauls Cathedral (opposite Fed Square)
Napoleone Brewery and Ciderhouse is a creative space in the Yarra Valley where you enjoy small, fresh batches of beer and cider. This space offers picturesque views of the Yarra Valley that can best be enjoyed with a perfectly crafted beer or cider in hand.
Hargreaves Hill is one of Australia’s leading microbreweries both in terms of quality and range. Once you visit and sample their beers in a tasting paddle, you’ll understand why. If the day is warm and sunny, you’ll probably want to enjoy another pale ale outside their historic cellar door. If it’s cold and wet, then you’ll probably end up enjoying an extra stout in front of their fire place.
One of the first breweries in the valley. Taste your way through a paddle of pilsner, ales and crisp apple cider from the brewery. The mantra behind Coldstream is ‘taking the time to do what you want to do.’ With such great beer on offer, you’ll never want to do anything else but sit back and relax with a brew.
Drop off- Location of your choice.
The Minor Details
- We recommend you indulge in a big breakfast before touring as a beer or two on an empty stomach is never a good thing.
- Due to the nature of beer tasting and Melbourne Brewery Tour’s relaxed nature, we don’t run military precise tours, rather we have an organic tour where you can buy an extra beer or ask 1001 questions to the brewer. That’s why we don’t have exact times on our Itinerary.
- Please note that you will be visiting work sites and must under law wear wear closed-top shoes (no thongs or sandals) as a safety requirement.
- Our price includes everything – tasting sessions, a gourmet lunch, transport & guide. Should you wish to purchase extra beer along the way, make sure you bring some cash.
- Drinking beer by yourself can be harmful to your social skills, so our minimum number when booking is 8 people. Should you have less then 8 people, please contact us for a revised price.
- Due to popularity, Melbourne Brewery Tours are in high demand, so please ensure you book early to avoid disappointment.
Pick Up Locations
St. Pauls Cathedral (opposite Federation Square) or another agreed CBD location.