Just over an hour from Melbourne, the Mornington Peninsula has long been considered one of Victoria’s premier gourmet regions. Wineries, fresh produce and farmers markets have always called the peninsula home, but more recently it has become an area renowned for its beer as well. The first brewery opened on Mornington Peninsula over a decade ago and now there are a number of craft breweries to visit in the area. Melbourne Brewery Tours will get you to some of the best breweries in Australia!
Example Tour Itinerary
10am Pick-up at St. Pauls Cathedral (opposite Fed Square)
Stop 1 – Mornington Peninsula Brewery
Here you’ll be treated to a personal guided tour throughout the brewery and learn how all their beer is made. Along the way you’ll sample some classic beer styles from around the world including Pale Ale, Witbier, Brown Ale and IPA. They do great seasonal beers too, which are guaranteed to go down well!
Stop 2 & Lunch – Red Hill Brewery
The Red Hill Brewery is a unique, independent microbrewery located amidst its own hop garden in the picturesque Red Hill. They have a great core range of beers available year round, including Golden Ale, Pilsner, Wheat Beer and Scotch Ale. They are also renowned for their seasonal releases, like their Imperial Stout in the dead of winter, Hop Harvest Ale in Autumn, Belgian Blonde in Summer, and Temptation in Spring. Plus their celebratory Christmas Ale, a Belgian Abbey style ale brewed for the festive season to go with the Christmas pud. You’ll have the opportunity to see how hops are grown and great beer is made at this fantastic venue!
Stop 3 – Boatrocker Brewing Co
On the way back to Melbourne you’ll stop at the incredible Boatrocker Brewing Co. The brewery has achieved widespread acclaim for their fantastic brews over the past few years (they are 2015’s Champion Small Australian Brewery). Their freshly built barrel room was the first of its kind open to the Australian public and offers a close encounter with a different side of beer making; barrel aging. Here 150 barrels (and growing) are used by the master brewers to create exciting beer styles that impress the palate with a range of flavours not found in most brews.
Drop off: Location of your choice.
The Minor Details
- We recommend you indulge in a big breakfast before touring as a beer or two on an empty stomach is never a good thing.
- Due to the nature of beer tasting and Melbourne Brewery Tour’s relaxed nature, we don’t run military precise tours, rather we have an organic tour where you can buy an extra beer or ask 1001 questions to the brewer. That’s why we don’t have exact times on our Itinerary.
- Please note that you will be visiting work sites and must under law wear wear closed-top shoes (no thongs or sandals) as a safety requirement.
- Our price includes everything – tasting sessions, a gourmet lunch, transport & guide. Should you wish to purchase extra beer along the way, make sure you bring some cash.
- Drinking beer by yourself can be harmful to your social skills, so our minimum number when booking is 8 people. Should you have less then 8 people, please contact us for a revised price.
- Due to popularity, Melbourne Brewery Tours are in high demand, so please ensure you book early to avoid disappointment.
Pick Up Locations
St. Pauls Cathedral (opposite Federation Square) or another agreed CBD location.