The Inner City Brewery Tour includes:
- Your very own designated driver / host
- Four CBD brew pub and inner city brewery locations
- A good explanation and tour of a working brewery or two
- Tutored tastings, beer and a gourmet lunch
- Personal pick-ups can be arranged
10.30am Pick-up at St. Pauls Cathedral (opposite Fed Square)
Stop 1 – Carlton and United Breweries
Tour the working brewery itself, with help from their experienced guides. Take a behind-the-scenes look at a variety of production locations, including the bottling line, returning to the Brewhouse to sample some ice-cold, brewery fresh beers and lunch in their beer garden.
Stop 2 – Moon Dog Brewery
Quirky furniture, unusual and delicious beers, and hospitality that makes everyone feel at home; this microbrewery needs to be visited by every self respected beer drinker. You’ll leave this place wanting to set up your own brewery!
Stop 3 – Clifton Hill Brewpub
Located in a historical hotel building that has been serving beer lovers for over 100 years Clifton Hill Brewpub is a beer-lovers paradise. Not only do they serve great beers on their 16 taps, they also make their own. Here you can get up close and personal with all their equipment.
Stop 4 – Hop Nation
Founded by two winemakers who became best mates over beers, Hop Nation is one of Melbourne’s newest craft breweries. Since starting up they’ve made a name for themselves producing fantastic beers that always follows their motto: In Hops We Trust.
Drop off – Beer Deluxe at Fed Square or CBD venue of your choice.
Join a Tour Today!
The Minor Details
- We recommend you indulge in a big breakfast before touring as a beer or two on an empty stomach is never a good thing.
- Due to the nature of beer tasting and Melbourne Brewery Tour’s relaxed nature, we don’t run military precise tours, rather we have an organic tour where you can buy an extra beer or ask 1001 questions to the brewer. That’s why we don’t have exact times on our Itinerary.
- Please note that you will be visiting work sites and must under law wear wear closed-top shoes (no thongs or sandals) as a safety requirement.
- Because Melbourne Brewery Tours visits working sites, on occasion breweries will be unable to accommodate visitors. If that occurs we can easily replace a brewery with another great beer venue.
- Our public tour requires a minimum of six people to run. If tours have less than six people we reserve the right to cancel to the tour. However, we will always seek to place you on an alternative tour.
- Our price includes everything – tasting sessions, a lunch, transport & guide. Should you wish to purchase extra beer along the way, make sure you bring some cash.
- Drinking beer by yourself can be harmful to your social skills, we recommend you bring a friend or two.
- Due to popularity, Melbourne Brewery Tours are in high demand, so please ensure you book early to avoid disappointment.
Pick Up Locations
St. Pauls Cathedral (opposite Federation Square) or another agreed CBD location.